2009 was certainly an eventful year. (2010 is shaping up to be pretty busy, too, which is why I’m almost a week late with this post.) Last year we said “I do” in a garden on the banks of the Susquehanna River. Nick left a good job in northern New Jersey and accepted an even better job in central Pennsylvania. We traveled to Massachusetts, Michigan, and Colorado. We experimented with lots of new recipes, celebrated our 27th birthdays, and finished our first half marathon together. Here are a few more memorable moments from 2009.
- January: Reunited with family and celebrated life.
- February: Skied in Breckenridge and conquered my first Black Diamond. Attended the IMA Public Media Conference in Atlanta and ate famous biscuits.
- March: Traveled to Washington, D.C. where I produced my first major educational event, enjoyed French food, Greek food, and Ethiopian food, and toured the U.S. Capitol Building.
- April: Sent our Save the Date magnets, joined the EAD family, and celebrated our two year meetaversary.
- May: Visited friends in Massachusetts and walked the Freedom Trail, drank blueberry beer, steamed mussels, and fished for cod in the Harbor.
- June: Ran my first half marathon! Traveled to Virginia for a co-ed celebration and was showered with much love by my girls in Pennylvania while Nick bonded with the boys in North Carolina.
- August: Became husband and wife on a rainy and perfect day surrounded by the most important people in our lives!
- September: Soaked in the sun, stuffed ourselves with gourmet food, and drank plenty of tequila during the final days of our Mexican honeymoon.
- October: Moved Nick from New Jersey to Pennsylvania and cheered for the Nittany Lions in the Big House.
- December: Cut down our Christmas tree, celebrated our first married Christmas, and started the hunt for a new home.
Oh, I can’t wait to see what 2010 has in store for us! Happy (belated) New Year to all my friends!