Dad’s pizza pie is a family favorite. The recipe was passed down to him from Grampy, and I suppose I should learn to make it because Nick loves it!
It’s best served with a cold beer while watching Penn State football games. And last weekend it warmed us up after a long drive from New Jersey.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar Ragu sauce
- 1 box hot roll mix
- New York Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Colby Long Horn cheese, shredded
- Giorgio mushrooms
- green peppers and hot peppers (preferably from the garden)
- Caramelize onions over medim heat. Add ground beef and brown. Add Ragu and simmer.
- Prepare hot roll mix according to the instructions on the box. Let it rise and pat it into a stone baking dish with EVOO. Prick with a fork.
- Top dough with meat and shredded cheese and arrange pepperoni and veggies on top.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes.
8 thoughts on “Pizza Pie”
Oh my god that looks good
@savory simple – It’s delicious and very addictive!