- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican Spice Blend (or taco seasoning)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 5 canned whole green chiles, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 canned chipotle chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 16 tortilla shells
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, canned
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Coat large saute pan with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken over medium heat, about 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Sprinkle chicken with cumin, garlic powder, and Mexican spices before turning. Remove chicken to a platter and allow to cool.
- Saute onion and garlic in chicken drippings until tender. Add corn and chiles. Stir well to combine. Add canned tomatoes, saute 1 minute.
- Pull chicken breasts apart by hand into shredded strips. Add shredded chicken to saute pan, combine with vegetables.
- Microwave tortillas on high for 30 seconds. This softens them and makes them more pliable. Coat the bottom of 2 (13 by 9-inch) pans with a ladle of enchilada sauce. Using a large shallow bowl, dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce to lightly coat. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla. Fold over filling, place 8 enchiladas in each pan with seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F oven until cheese melts.
*recipe from food network
One thought on “Chicken Enchiladas”