Try this with any fresh or frozen fruit (apples, peaches, pears). And it’s best served with vanilla ice cream!
- 5 cups frozen blueberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon (or nutmeg or ginger)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Thaw fruit. Do not drain. Place in baking dish. Stir in sugar.
- In bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture becomes crumbly. (Don’t be afraid to use your hands!) Add nuts. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 30-35 minutes until fruit is tender and topping is golden.
- Serve warm with ice cream!
(recipe adapted from Better Homes and Garden)