A few weeks ago, we hosted our first cookout in our new home. We served burgers and brats and a variety of sides, including this sweet, crunchy slaw.
I never would have thought to pair carrots with pineapples and raisins, but the trio makes quite a tasty combination.
What’s your favorite summer slaw recipe?
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (10 oz) package matchstick carrots
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine oil and the next 3 ingredients (through pineapple juice), and stir with a whisk. Add oil mixture to carrot mixture; toss well. Add parsley, salt, and pepper; toss well. Cover and chill.
(adapted from MyRecipes.com)
2 thoughts on “Carrot Pineapple Slaw”
I love broccoli and carrot slaw. The dressing that I use was a bit of an ad-hoc creation – a couple dollops of of wasabi mayo & regular (reduced fat) mayo, apple cider vinegar, a generous squirt of honey, lemon juice, salt, pepper and sometimes a dash of hot sauce.
Sounds yummy, Emily! Especially the wasabi mayo. I love dressing with a kick.