Looking for a simple and savory dinner recipe on this chilly Monday? Try this spin on our favorite pasta. Nick tossed it together last week (because he knows how much I love shrimp and mushrooms), and we paired it with a local red wine and toasted garlic bread.
- linguine (or any pasta of your choice), cooked according to box directions
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- frozen shrimp
- In a large skillet, saute garlic and onion in EVOO over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer at least 20 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Toss with cooked pasta.