We’re currently living in an apartment with a kitchen drawer that opens into the handle of the oven and a refrigerator door that opens into the windowsill. There is just enough counter space for a microwave and a coffee maker and a kitchen table that barely seats four adults.
But as Maggie reminded us, “Life is what happens while you’re busy making plans.”
While we dream of a gourmet kitchen with a dish washer and a double oven and an island where we can comfortably chop garlic and onions, we bump into each other while stirring and sautéing. We sneak kisses and clink together our glasses of wine. It’s cozy. And it’s life.
I now give you our second installment of “Weeknight Pasta.”
- Wegmans basting oil or EVOO
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- frozen vegetables of your choice (we like onions, broccoli, peas, peppers, and water chestnuts)
- your favorite herbs (we like basil, oregano, and thyme)
- frozen shrimp, thawed
- linguine, prepared according to box directions
- 1 lemon
- Parmesan cheese
- Sauté garlic in basting oil over medium heat.
- Add frozen vegetables and cook 8-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add herbs and shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Toss with cooked linguine.
- Finish with lemon juice and a handful of Parmesan.