What can I say. We’re a bit obsessed with Thai inspired dishes: pizza, quinoa, wraps. And this salad ranks right up there with the others. It’s simple and healthy and drenched in a delicious dressing of chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, and lime juice.
Also? I will never again shred chicken without help from my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Try it. Then make this salad. You’re welcome.
Thai Chicken Salad
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, torn
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, torn
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- Add oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken, about 7 minutes on each side. Let cool for 5 minutes. Shred with a stand mixer (or by hand).
- Toss together salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the dressing. Drizzle on top, toss, and serve immediately.
(Adapted from How Sweet It Is and A Cambridge Story)
One thought on “Thai Chicken Salad”
Shredding chicken in the kitchen aid mixer!? Say what!? This looks yummy!