If you’re on Pinterest, then I suspect you’ve seen a version of this recipe. Bubble up enchiladas. Bubble up pizza. Bubble up chicken pot pie. The approach is the same, and so easy.
Combine and cook a filling of your choice, i.e. ground turkey with onions, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce. Then cut refrigerated biscuits into fourths and add them to the pot.
Spread the mixture into a greased casserole dish, and bake for 30 minutes. Top with shredded cheese, and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Garnish with green onions, and serve with a side of guacamole.
Simple and satisfying weeknight dinner!
Also? The texture is perfect for our big little eater (who always curls his toes while eating).
Bubble Up Enchiladas
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can refrigerator biscuits
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese
- green onions and guacamole for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×11 casserole dish.
- In a large pot set over medium heat, saute the onion and brown the ground turkey, about 5 minutes. Add beans and corn. Stir in a can of enchilada sauce and a can of tomato sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and add them to the mixture.
- Spread everything into the greased casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through. (Use a tooth pick to check the biscuits.) Take the casserole out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with green onions and serve with a side of guacamole.
(Adapted from Recipe Diaries)