Here’s a versatile, sweet, and savory recipe for your favorite root veggies. Try it as an accompaniment to the mustard-baked chicken with pretzel crust.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 Tbsp chopped sage
- 2 small bunch turnips
- 2 small bunches carrots
- 2 parsnips
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel carrots. Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces, toss with EVOO and salt and pepper.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, over low heat melt butter and syrup, EVOO, and sage.
- Remove veggies from oven and pour syrup mixture over veggies. Return to oven for 15-20 minutes or until syrup is bubbly and vegetables are tender.
(adapted from Sunday Suppers)
One thought on “Maple and Sage Roasted Root Vegetables”