Thanks to Maggie for this most delicious recipe recommendation! Hard pretzels and mustards of all types are two of my favorite things, and so this dish is a total winner in my mind. We served it alongside maple and sage roasted turnips and carrots — ideal for a Sunday supper in December.
- 1/2 pound hard pretzels, coarsely crushed (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup whole-grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a food processor, pulse the pretzels until coarsely ground. Transfer to a large, shallow bowl.
- Wipe out the food processor. Add the oil, whole-grain and Dijon mustards, water, and vinegar. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the dressing into a large shallow bowl, add the chicken breasts, and turn to coat. Dredge the chicken in the pretzel crumbs and transfer to a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet (covered in foil for easy clean up).
- Bake in the upper third of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Slice the chicken and serve with the remaining mustard dressing.
(adapted from Gourmet)