- pizza dough (we like the variety found in the frozen food section of your grocery store)
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- pressed garlic
- mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves
- salt, pepper, oregano, crushed red peppers
- Place frozen pizza dough in a greased bowl covered with plastic wrap. Let it sit on your kitchen counter for a few hours, until it has risen.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Simmer EVOO, stewed tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and crushed red peppers on low-heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Knead dough and press onto a floured pizza stone, creating a pinched crust around the edges.
- Spoon tomato sauce onto dough.
- Thinly slice mozzarella and place it on top of the sauce.
- Tear basil leaves and layer onto pizza.
- Sprinkle with additional spices, if desired.
- Bake pizza 15-20 minutes until crust is golden-brown and cheese has melted.
- Cool before slicing and serving.
Leave a Comment