This is the first in what will likely be a long series of wedding-related posts. Away we go!
I had hoped to do a whole lot of relaxing during the week before my wedding — I mean, a bride needs her beauty rest, right? But, in reality, there were errands to run, projects to finish, gifts to wrap, family to visit. And so I conceded to save the luxury of relaxation for the honeymoon.
Nick arrived to help pack suitcases, bags, and boxes. It’s a tough task to pack for two and a half weeks, including a wedding and a honeymoon! We managed to fill both of our cars — passenger seats, back seats, and trunks.
Dear Dad drove two hours for a very big beer run. We picked up three cases and three 1/2 kegs from Otto’s — Apricot Wheat (a.k.a. Wedding Wheat), Red Mo Ale (a.k.a. Bride’s Ale), and Spruce Creek Lager (a.k.a. Groom’s Lager) — and enjoyed a quick lunch before hitting the road again.
We delivered all of the goods to our caterer for safe keeping, and then Nick and I headed south to rendezvous with soon-to-be sister-in-law. We gave our favors to her to wrap (yeah, she’s awesome … and don’t worry, I will share all of the favor details soon!), and she gave three cases of wine to us: Charles Shaw (a.k.a. Two Buck Chuck).
Let the games begin!
- Tied red and orange ribbons to mason jars filled with river pebbles and candles
- Gocco’d our monogram onto 300 red and orange cocktail napkins
- Painted barn wood signs
- Prepared bird cage for cards
- Finished table name cards and escort cards (details to come)
- Started the ceremony program fans (details to come)
Nick had to go back to Jersey for a work meeting, so Sister/Maid of Honor and I hit the road for one last shopping excursion. What did we buy?
- Smashbox Anti-Shine for my wedding day
- Vera Bradley wristlet
- Books for the honeymoon: The Time Traveler’s Wife for me and The World Without Us for him
- Red socks for my groom because he’s that much fun
DIY madness continues.
- Mom kept plugging away on the ceremony program fans — did I mention that she’s the best?!
- Started construction of the escort card display (details to come)
- Assembled the sparklers (details to come)
- Created the “Just Married Sign” (details to come)
We’re not done yet! Stay tuned for part 2.