- 4 – 4 ounce fillets tilapia
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 redskin potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Thinly slice potatoes and place them side by side on a large piece of aluminum foil. Set the tilapia fillets on top of the potatoes. Season each fillet with salt and pepper. Place one tablespoon of butter on top of each piece of fish. Sprinkle garlic, basil, and tomato. Pour wine over everything.
- Fold foil around fish and seal into a packet. Place packet onto a tray for ease in transportation to and from the grill.
- Place foil packet on the preheated grill and cook for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open the packet carefully so as not to get burned from the steam. Serve.
*adapted from allrecipes.com
One thought on “Tilapia”
I was watching “Drity Jobs” on the Discovery channel, and apparently tilapia are “poo eaters.” Seriously, check it out. Maybe you want to modify the recipe for chilean sea bass or something that doesn’t eat detritus! 🙂