Valentine’s Dinner 2008 (serving size: 2)
- 1 lb. white asparagus
- 1/4 lb. shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon pressed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped tarragon leaves
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lb. arugula
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 quart of salted water to a boil.
- Set up a bowl with ice water and place near the sink.
- Place asparagus in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until barely limp. Immediately transfer asparagus to ice bath for 5 minutes to stop the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, in a small saute pan over medium-high heat, add EVOO, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook about 2 minutes until mushrooms begin to brown. Add tarragon, salt, pepper, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes and a handful of arugula on each salad plate. Top with asparagus spears and drizzle with shitake dressing.
*recipe from food network