Made for 2007 holiday gathering in State College. A hearty favorite!
- 1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4 tomatoes, chopped, or 1 can whole tomatoes
- 1 cup carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 8 oz. cheese tortellini
- 1 package or 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- In large pot, cook sausage ~5 minutes. Remove meat and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute.
- Add broth, herbs, vegetables (except zucchini and spinach), and sausage. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered ~30 minutes.
- Add zucchini, spinach, and tortellini. Simmer ~25 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve with crusty bread.
*culmination of several recipes
4 thoughts on “Tortellini Soup”
Valuable info. Lucky me I discovered your website unintentionally, and I am
stunned why this accident did not happened earlier!
I bookmarked it.
Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much
about this, like you wrote the book in it
or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the
message home a bit, but instead of that, this is
excellent blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.