Prepared for Battle Apples. The original recipe used cranberries, but due to Nick’s aversion to that particular fruit, we used raspberries instead.
Baked Apples Stuffed with Raspberries
- 6 green apples (we used Granny Smith)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- a dash of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Core the apples and remove the peel from the top third of each one. Place them in a baking dish and fill the core holes with as many raspberries as you can fit.
- Meanwhile, stir together the water, brown sugar, and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar and honey. Pour the mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with the juices every 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream and top with cinnamon.
(Adapted from AllRecipes.com)