Originally prepared for Battle Apples.
Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2-2/3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1-1/3 cups chopped apples
- 2-2/3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops (> 1 inch thick)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in butter or margarine until tender. Remove from heat. Add the bread crumbs, apples, celery, parsley, and salt. Mix together.
- Cut a large pocket in the side of each pork chop; season inside and out with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon apple mixture into pockets until stuffed!
- In skillet, heat oil to medium high and brown chops on both sides. Cover skillet and simmer chops on low heat for 15 minutes.
(Adapted from AllRecipes.com)