It’s May. And you have at least a month until swimsuit season. Which means you have plenty of time to bake this insane dessert.
Fudgy brownies + peanut butter cups + salty peanuts + a little snap, crackle, and pop. I promise you won’t be able to eat just one.
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Makes 25 brownies.
- 1 box brownie mix (not family sized), plus ingredients listed on the package
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 bag mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 heaping cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil, and bake the brownies according to package directions.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, remove the brownies from the oven and sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups and chopped peanuts on top. Return to the oven for remaining 5 minutes to melt the chocolate.
- As soon as you pull the brownies out of the oven, smooth the melted peanut butter cups and peanuts on top. Let them cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute; stir when done. If needed, continue heating in 20 second increments until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in vanilla and cereal until evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture over the brownies and smooth. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.
(Adapted from Cookies and Cups)