Perfect compliment to a spring cookout. Chopped fresh broccoli, sweet cranberries, and crunchy toasted almonds tossed with a tangy buttermilk dressing.
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, well-shaken
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- salt and pepper
Trim and chop broccoli. Toss with almonds, cranberries, and red onion in a large bowl. Meanwhile, whisk dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl, then pour over broccoli and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
(adapted from Smitten Kitchen)