Nick celebrated his bachelor party in the Outer Banks a few weeks ago and returned with over 20 lbs. of fresh fish! So for Father’s Day, we grilled mahi mahi — two ways. Both were tasty, but we all agreed we loved the heat of the blackened version. Nick still has about seven bags of fillets, so stay tuned for more seafood recipes!
Blackened Mahi Mahi – Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Blackened Mahi Mahi – Directions
- Blend spices and coat fillets. Let stand at room temperature for no more than 30 minutes.
- Heat cast iron skillet over high heat and add oil.
- Cook three minutes per side.
(adapted from allrecipes.com)
Tropical Mahi Mahi – Ingredients
- paypaya juice
- apricot juice
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge
Tropical Mahi Mahi – Directions
- Marinade fillets in papaya juice and apricot juice for at least two hours.
- Grill three minutes per side.
- Finish with salt and pepper and lemon juice.