Don’t be fooled … This pasta dish really does resemble a pizza!
- 12-18 ounces fresh linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Salt and boil water in a large pot. Add pasta and cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and brown for about three minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Drain pasta, add to pan, and toss. Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano and season with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs with cream and pour evenly over pasta. Let eggs set for about 1 minute.
- Pat pasta into even layer to create pizza crust. Place in oven and cook 5-6 minutes.
- Mix ricotta, mozzarella, and parsley. Remove pie from oven and smooth ricotta mixture on top. Sprinkle with even more mozzarella and return to oven for about 8 minutes until cheese is melted and edges are golden-brown.
- Slide pizza onto a serving platter, cut wedges, and serve.
*recipe from food network