1. Sam is now rolling over from belly to back. And Nick was here to witness the milestone moment! We applauded, of course, but baby boy wasn’t nearly as amused as his silly parents.
2. I have a new favorite Pandora station: Family Folk Songs. Sam and I listen to it at least three times every day — typically before nap time. I have no idea where I’ve stored the lyrics to so many children’s songs, but I know every word to about 90% of the songs. Nick, on the other hand, needs some practice. Did they not sing “The Green Grass Grows All Around” and “I Like to Eat Apples and Bananas” in Germany?
3. Sam has a new favorite toy: the O Ball. It’s the perfect size for his little fingers. And, just like everything else, it goes straight into his mouth.
4. For the past two weeks, I have successfully planned a week’s worth of meals. This is a big deal for us. We’ve cut out little trips to the grocery store for ingredients like basil and lemons and carrots. And we’ve eliminated the question that typically comes every night around 5pm: “What’s for dinner?” … So what was for dinner? Potato gnocchi with roasted butternut squash, cranberries, and pecans. BBQ chicken sandwiches and sweet potato fries. Rigatoni with stewed tomatoes. Thai chicken wraps. Yum!
5. I may not be getting to the gym on a regular basis these days, but I’m finding other (and much more entertaining) ways to exercise. Airplane!