1. Sam learned a new trick this week. He’s desperately trying to find his thumb. But for now, he’ll settle for his whole fist.
2. Another new trick? He pees in the tub the second that we lower him into it. So we fill it halfway with water, then after he does his business, we empty it and refill it again with soap. Oh, the joys of being a boy mom.
3. I’m long overdue for a haircut. As in I haven’t had a trim since before Sam was born. I’m debating going short (a la 2007) since a certain someone has started to play tug-of-war with my long locks.
4. We’re really getting into the holiday spirit here in the Wiley home. The tree is decked, the stockings are hung, and the Santa mug is full of chocolate kisses. Also, it is impossible for me to eat just one kiss. The minimum is three at a time.
5. Speaking of sweets, I really don’t consider myself to be a baker, but I made the most amazing carrot cake this week. The recipe is from my aunt and includes shredded carrots, crushed pineapples, and chopped pecans. I can’t wait to share it!
6. This is how I’ve found Sam every morning this week. I’m still not sure how he’s able to scoot himself from the center of the crib to the corner — while swaddled. The kid clearly has talent.
7. I have something to add to last Friday’s list of favorite newborn items: the Baby Connect app. It makes it so easy to track feedings, diaper changes, and sleep patterns during the first few weeks.
8. I could use about four more hours in every day. There is just never enough time to unload the dishwasher, fold the laundry, shop for groceries, complete my work assignments, snuggle with Sam, converse with my husband, and so on.
9. Sammy’s birth announcements have been printed, sealed, stamped, and sent! And although I said we weren’t going to do Christmas cards, too, I couldn’t resist ordering just a few for our family. Meaning I couldn’t resist setting up a festive photo shoot with the babe, which may or may not have included a Santa hat.
10. Did I tell you that I joined a local Moms Club? And tonight is my first Moms Night Out. I. Cannot. Wait. Though I’m sure I’ll think about my boys at least 56 times.