(easy and impressive for dinner parties and birthday desserts!)
Ingredients for Brownies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 stick margarine
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Microwave chocolate and cream on high for ~ 1 minute. Whisk until well mixed. Use immediately.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs and salt in large mixing bowl until frothy. Add sugar and beat until thick and pale yellow ~ 2 to 3 minutes. Add vanilla and beat additional 30 seconds.
- Melt margarine and chocolate in microwave safe bowl on high for ~ 1 minute. Stir and microwave additional 30 seconds, if necessary.
- Add melted chocolate into egg mixture. Add flour and beat 1 minute. Scrape down sides and beat additional 30 seconds.
- Grease 9-inch cake pan and pour in brownie batter. Place pan on top rack of oven and bake 15 – 20 minutes until center is barely set (toothpick still gooey). Remove and let cool.
- Top with ganache and place in freezer for at least 1 hour. Serve with ice cream (we like mint chocolate chip!).
*recipe from food network