It’s a real treat to come home to a hot meal on a Monday night, especially when it’s prepared by my husband! Nick made this one with love … and lots of spice. (I’m not kidding — it’s pretty spicy, so proceed with caution!)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 – 15-oz cans white beans (great northern or cannelini), drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- jalapeño peppers to taste
- white pepper and black pepper to taste
- In a 6-quart pot (or slow cooker) combine chicken, onion, chicken broth, garlic, cumin, and oregano. Cook on low for 2 hours (or less time at a higher temperature).
- Add peppers and jalapeños and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add drained beans and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese and crusty bread.
(recipe adapted from about.com)
2 thoughts on “White Chicken Chili”